Don’t carve the same old pumpkin design year after year! Ditch that boring, smiling jack-o’-lantern stencil and “pumpkin spice” things up with our Lone Star Living “Texas Love” pumpkin carving D.I.Y!
- Your Lone Star Living bouquet
- Medium or large pumpkin
- A medium vase that will fit inside the pumpkin
- Download this FREE Texas love carving stencil
- Simple pumpkin carving kit or tools
1. You’ll need a thin serrated knife or a pumpkin carving knife to cut a medium-sized hole on the top of the pumpkin.
2. Next, use a large scooper to remove the pumpkin guts.
Pro Tip: Throw out the pumpkin guts but save the seeds and roast them for a tasty fall treat!
3. Scrape the inside of your pumpkin clean.
Pro Tip: Once you’ve cleaned out the pumpkin, wipe the interior walls with a mixture of water and bleach. The bleach mixture will prevent rotting so you can enjoy your carved designs longer.
4. Finally, Insert your vase in the pumpkin with clean water and flower food.
5. Last, cut your Lone Star Living bouquet stems to the size of the pumpkin, making sure the arrangement falls on top of the pumpkin.
6. (optional) Add battery-powered tea lights or string lights to make your arrangement glow!
You did it, “boo!” Now you can rock your love for Texas!
This pumpkin is going to be #squashgoals on your porch this Halloween.
Show us your carvings on Instagram and tag @lonestarlivingb to be featured!