One of the best parts of the season is spreading Christmas cheer by decorating. So this year, use our Christmas D.I.Y’s to ring in the holidays in seasonal style with as little stress as possible. Check out what Santa brought!
We’ve come up with a few ideas for creating jolly ornaments and holiday vases for your space. There’s something special about knowing that your home is decorated with love, personality, and homemade holiday magic.
Read on to find out how!
Repurposed Holiday Vase
The holidays are almost here! In other words, for many people that means lots of dinners and get-togethers, whether they’re virtual or not this year.
For this reason, bringing the outside indoors can help give your home a festive and welcoming feel. Therefore, try showing off your holiday cheer with a handmade blooming display. Then keep it for yourself or give it away as a gift!
Best of all, no one will believe you made it on your own! They’ll think Santa brought it instead!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- First, fill your vase halfway with lukewarm water.
- Second, add flower food to the water and stir.
- Next, tie holiday ribbon around your vase so that the bow sits up top.
- Then trim your Lone Star Living stems at an angle, to desired length.
- Moreover, remove excess stems and leaves.
- Last, use the bow as a grid to separate flowers throughout the vase, filling in all empty spaces.
- Finally, enjoy your holiday bouquet!
Read on for the other Christmas D.I.Y’s that Santa brought.
Flower Arranging Tip
Always arrange your flowers in odd numbers, never even. To begin, add your base flowers. This creates a support system as a result for the rest of the flowers to lean on. Next, add in your focal flowers. Then play with the levels by leaving some flowers a little taller than others. Once your focal flowers are arranged, begin adding secondary flowers to fill any holes.
Finally, play around with your creativity and have FUN!
Christmas Ornament Flower Arrangement
Want to give your Christmas ornaments a special touch without going too over the top? Then we’ve got the perfect holiday hack for you!
Turn your Christmas tree ornaments into vases for your Lone Star Living bouquet, instead! Rather than decking your tree with flowers, use the ornaments as individual table settings. Naturally, ornaments are usually only thought of as tree décor. However, they can be used to deck the halls in many other ways! So go beyond the Christmas tree and get into the holiday spirit!
Give ornaments away to your guests and tell them Santa brought them, or use them for years to come! After all, handmade ornaments never lose their value. This is one of our favorite Christmas D.I.Y’s!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- First, use wire cutters to remove the hook from the top of the ornament.
- Second, expand the hole by inserting the point of your scissors and rotating slowly.
- Next, create a base so the ornament will stand on its own by adding some glue to the bottom.
- Then fill each ornament with lukewarm water and mix in flower food.
- Next, trim each of your Lone Star Living stems at an angle.
- Then use the stems to create mini arrangements for each of the ornaments.
- Last, insert each mini bouquet into your new Christmas ornament vases.
- Finally, hang them from your tree or use these as holly jolly centerpieces!
Very Merry Christmas Hack
Use whichever color you want or use clear ornaments and mix some glitter in with the water to give your holidays a little extra sparkle.
These ornaments are original, cheap, and OH-SO-Christmassy!
We hope they bring you tons of Yuletide joy.
Candy Cane Vase
Candy canes aren’t just for eating!
If you’re looking for the perfect holiday centerpiece, a candy cane vase is the answer!
One of our easiest Christmas D.I.Y’s, this project is budget-friendly. Not to mention, it will be the star of your holiday get-together.
Best of all, you only need five materials!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- First, pour lukewarm water into your vase and mix in flower food.
- Second, tie a thick rubber band around your vase.
- Next, tuck the candy canes behind the rubber band one by one, so that they lay flat on the vase. Make sure they are stacked together closely.
- Then hide the rubber band by tying the holiday ribbon over it.
- Last, trim each of your Lone Star Living stems at an angle.
- Finally, arrange your flowers in your new holiday vase and have a very merry Christmas!
Once the holidays are over, save your vase for next year’s celebration or remove (or eat!) all the candy canes. Then you’ll have your original vase back for everyday use.
Welcome 2021 Basket
Are you as done with 2020 as we are? If so, squash the bad vibes and ring in 2021 with some holiday cheer!
Brew a mug of hot cocoa, turn on the holiday tunes, and spend a day making new year basket kits and spreading joy in all sorts of wonderful ways!
Here’s What You’ll Need
Throw in anything else you can think of and arrange the basket to start the year off right and make it a celebration!
For more D.I.Y’s, subscribe to Lone Star Living!